Sunday, April 19, 2009

post 2

One of the communities that i belong to is my community of my race. I am a very proud Puerto Rican. Some of the things that give status in my community is knowing ones heratige. The more you know the more respect you have. Language is also a very important part because it is said that a puerto rican who does not speak spanish can not be respected as a puerto rican. I think this suggest that we value our culture very carefully and closely. We are very careful about the people we let into our lives and influence us.

I also have these beliefs because of the fact that i dont like it when someone claims that they are from a certaian ethnicity and know nothing about their heratige or where they really came from. Most people i know dont even know their own ;language and to me that is a dis respect to your people. I am very proud of where i am in my community, and try and stick to my heratige as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment